Saturday 18 August 2012

Art on Print


The time passes a whole lot faster when Susannah is refereeing if I am sitting in a warm car and occupied with art stuff (or playing word games on my iPhone). This morning I had the privilege of being able to see the games, and Susannah, from the comfort of my car and being able to do some more art on print. This time I used an old hymnbook that Sophie-Lee, knowing me, picked up from the side of the road in someone's council cleanup pile.

The flowers were inspired by my-twin-who's-not-my-twin's daughter the other day. She had used black and white stripy circle stickers and then added her petals and stems. I didn't have stickers but I did have a black pen and a white paint pen. I love the effect.

Something that adds a whole new dimension both literally (but not physically) and aesthetically is the sense of a shadow being cast making it look 3D. I used to do it with watercolour paint but I learnt from Lori Vliegen when I did her "letterLAB" class how to do it quickly and easily with a 2B pencil and a paper stump.


I was reading Psalm 106 this morning. A thought that struck me was from verses 6-8. The Psalmist admits his sin but then calls on God to save him, not for his own sake but for God's sake. It reminded me of when Moses pleaded with God to not destroy the Israelites, not for Moses' sake but for God's reputation.

Habbakuk 3:2
Lord, I have heard of your fame;    I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.
Repeat them in our day,    in our time make them known;    in wrath remember mercy.
That's all.

:D

No comments: