Thursday 20 October 2011

Manga Belle

It has been a long time since an update. There is plenty that I could show you but I am choosing just one thing (in two parts).

Many weeks ago now I was inspired by a friend of mine to do a manga-type drawing. She didn't say "I think you should do a manga drawing." She was the inspiration.*

Manga Belle #1 - I coloured this one with watercolour paint.


Manga Belle #2 - I coloured this with Inktense watercolour pencils. I also lightly coloured the face.


Both of these pictures are rather large. Next time I will do something a bit smaller and have a go at using coloured pencils and a blending stump.

*My model really did have this coloured hair. It is a really fun colour and suits her tremendously.

PS I was working from a rather poor, quickly snapped photo of my model. One day I'd love to do a proper photo shoot. hint hint :)

No comments: