Sunday 18 April 2010

Magic Mirrors


A few years ago now, Peg gave me one of those daily inspiration calendars, you know, where you read the quote each day. I'm not good with monthly calendars let alone daily calendars so this calendar has gone the way of many others - sitting there out of date. But there's one difference - I am still using it for inspiration. Every so often I read a few of the notes - some I keep and some go straight into the recycling. I'm up to September :)

Hennyway. September 24th said "Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future." -- Gail Lumet Buckley, journalist. I thought that quote suited the photo of Susannah nicely so I cut it up and stuck it on my layout. Ta da!!!

It's true you know - the quote, that is. This morning I was looking through Douglas' childhood photos and there are the magic mirrors. Pictures of Douglas and his brothers and sister - magic mirrors looking through the generations and giving hints for the generations to come. So many family likenesses that I can see over 3 and even 4 generations. (I might get around to scanning some one day. Might not.)

Oh and by the way. I'm a fan of Finnabair and her scrapbooking and I heard from her, along with quite a few others, about The Color Room. Finnabair's layout for the first palette at The Color Room caught my eye (actually all the layouts did) and I decided to scraplift it. Ahh! Scraplifting - very satisfying,

No comments: