Friday 3 July 2009

Learning From The Masters

It's been a little while since I added something to my blog and that is mainly because it has been a while since I have finished anything to show you.

This week I have started doing another lot of classes with Dina Wakley - "Masterful" Art Journaling. Now, if you are at all interested in art journaling, mixed media, or even painting then this class would be a great place to start. (That was an ad, I guess!!!) And you can still register and do it.

So I had a bit of a play around with my paint.


Some of the results I like, Some.... hmmmm. Colour is very important to me. Some colours just don't do it for me. And sometimes it is just the mood I am in at the time.


Then a bit more playing around with colour and two envious artists wishing they could join me. Caitlin and Susannah joined in the fun.


Bet you can't tell whose is whose!!! Is that the right grammar? ... looking it up now - who's/whose. Okay. It's right!

Then these.


The left one, as you can see, was just calling out to me for some bubble wrap printing in orange. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted - it's a bit stark - but I'm working with it. Then the vintage rose plum type colour (actually Making Memories Razzleberry) was calling to me as well so I applied some to my corrugated cardboard piece and stamped that on as well.

I can see a face in it too. Wait 'til you see where I go with that!

That's all for now.
:D

No comments: