Sunday 5 July 2009

Kindness

I've been thinking about Colossians 3:12-13 which says "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

There's a lot in those couple of verses but the word that stood out to me in the last couple of days is "kindness".

And then I saw this quote from Tao te Ching, a Chinese classic text.
"Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love."

I told you in this post that I saw a face in this bit of art in progress.


Well, over the last couple of days I've worked on it and this is the result.


Things I worked out...
I like Manga eyes.
What Manga is.


My eyes aren't Manga eyes.
One of my eyes is closed-er than the other!
I'm into teal (the colour) at the moment.

2 comments:

Fonda said...

This is beautiful. I love it. It just makes me happy to look at it!

Jill Geraghty-Groves said...

Stunning sweetie! I love watching you grow!
xxJillyGG