Friday 26 June 2009

People Like You

The art journal challenge over at Blue Bazaar is to play with texture and music so that is what I have done.


This page started out dressed in green and brown. It sat on the floor in my art room and I hated it. It took me a long time to realise that it was the colour that was putting me off ever doing anything with it. When I eventually worked that out I painted over the offending colours (perfectly fine, just not for this project) and changed my whole attitude to the page. I've never painted over something before. It was satisfying.

So, I did a few layers with texture paste and stamping things into it. Also I wrote a few things in the thick paste - just for a bit of interest. Then lots of layers of paint in various colours and different ways of application. Next, I added some punched bits of music from the old hymnbook that Sophie-Lee scrounged from the side of the road for me - she knows me :) - from which I have removed about half the pages. (More about that one day!)

At this point I was again inspired by Liesel Lund's gorgeous art journal page. I sewed on a flower and bud that I cut out of a scrap of material I have had for years (remember it, Jillian?) and then some of the beautiful hand-dyed silk stuff from Vivian Bonder.

Finishing touches include more music punched into butterflies and some Portfolio Water Soluble Oil Pastels along with some words from a song by Clare Bowditch that I really don't know the meaning of... I understand the words that I wrote. I just don't understand all the words of the song.

That's all for now.

No comments: