Saturday 16 May 2009

Another Art Journal Entry


I have been doing the Blue Bazaar Art Journal challenges. I like them cos they stretch me a bit and get me to do things I might not be bothered to try. I had, though, already tried masking and I know I love doing it so this challenge was a bit easier for me.

I had a go at using masking tape, heeding the warnings of lovely Luise about the masking tape sticking too hard and peeling up the paint. I used a trick that I have used for other purposes (think Buteyko and Micropore Surgical Tape) and stuck the masking tape onto my jeans first. It somewhat did the job.

I used a backgound page that I had made when I did class with Vivian Bonder and then used a motif masking method that I learned when I did a class with Dina Wakley. I fished around and found a some punchinella (or sequin waste) and a Heidi Swapp flower mask. Lots of layers of masking and stamping and so much fun!

Then finally, thinking that I just needed to add a finishing touch or two, I went and found Liesel Lund's gorgeous art journal page that had inspired me the other day and took some inspiration from that.

Man oh man! The colours of this page please me no end. Yummo!!!

I called it "Peeling Back the Layers" - no particular reason or every reason. Whatever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Diane your page is gorgeous...well done on completing this month's challenge. TFS.
hugs,
Manola xo

Liesel said...

Hi Diane! Your page is so yummy with those oranges and turquoises. I love how you used the silhouettes too. Very fun!