Wednesday 26 November 2008

More flowers - no more spiders!

Last week the kids and I caught a train into the city to meet Saroja and visit the Royal Botanic Gardens.

It was a beautiful day after a few days of rain and wind and generally unsuitable weather for Botanic Garden visits. God is kind. We plodded around. The kids played, whinged, looked, whinged, ran about, whinged - you get the drift. But all in all it was a lovely day.

I had fun taking photos of flowers and things. We went into the Tropical Centre to see Sex and Death: starring Orchids and Carnivorous Plants - so cool!



The trees were beckoning and the kids were sorely tempted to climb. I drew the line at tree hugging, which we were all invited to do by a sign at the entrance to the gardens.



I love the city. I love architecture - old and new. I love Australia. I love the Botanic Gardens. Okay, I'll stop now.



But this is what someone thought about it all... No. I won't put that picture in - glum face. Bored. Whatever!

That's all for now.

:D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic effect all those colours and shapes make! the smooth grey thick branches/trunks of the tree do look very inviting. I agree with you about architecture. Cities always delight me. I am so glad you were blessed with a good day and have photos to share. thanks

Unknown said...

thanks for cruising by my blog... i am a perpetually curious girl and i see you are, too! :)

i love seeing au thru your eyes - wondrous and beautiful!

xoxo
jul