Saturday 2 August 2008

Working for the Fam


My dearest Douglas,
It seems that if it was left up to you, you would never take a holiday. Work is your life. You work hard, day and night, week in week out. I know you do it for us - for me and the kids. I'm glad it's not my responsibility. You do a great job working for the fam.

I started off with the weekly challenge at The Boxx set by Janelle.

This week, I challenge you to scrap a layout that includes the following...

1. The colour brown
2. The colour orange
3. lace or trim of some kind
4. Some vintage paper (from an old book, sheet music, comic book OR old patterned paper if you can't find anything else)
5. Use more than one photo
6. Why not add some vintage buttons as well

(You can add other things to your layout as well, just include the above things as well)

I wasn't going to do it but the orange was calling out to me. The only thing I didn't have was more than one photo - dozen madder.

As I was browsing Kathie Link's blog I spotted this layout which inspired me to do a layout about DH.

And then I remembered that I wanted to scrap with this colour inspiration which I set up in our motel room in Port Macquarie.


Oh, and guess who else I was inspired by? Yep, Louise. And? Belinda, who does nice things with Kraft cardstock.

The vintage paper comes from an old Cole's Funny Picture Book No.2 which I picked up at a book fair in Brisbane. I felt a little bit naughty tearing it up, but it is in bad nick and it just fits the topic of my layout so well.



What did I use? Kraft cardstock (don't know what brand); Pink Paislee Office Lingo Shapes; Heidi Swapp Chipboard Alphabet; Basic Grey Sweet Meat Mini Monograms; Ribbon (or in this case, trim!) from ?; Melissa Frances Vintage Antique Buttons; Papermate Liquid Paper; Tombow Mono Correction Tape; Stewart Gill Byzantia 'paint'; Making Memories coloured staples; Uniball Gel Grip pen; Uni Pin 0.01 and 0.03 pens; Poem "Nobody Knows but Father" from Cole's Funny Picture Book No.2.

1 comment:

Wendy Smith said...

This is a great LO and I love the orange and blues together on that Craft CS