Wednesday 6 August 2008

The Months Move Slowly

Oh, how slowly the months move when I do a layout that I can't show you until it is put up on the Aussie Scrap Music Blog.

Anyway - the time has come to show you my layout that was inspired by Gotye's Thanks For Your Time. When I first saw the clip I was sure that I would be able to do anything. Anything! But no. Inspiration left me holding a printed screen that I thought would help and some cardstock.

I'm a little bit embarrassed to show you really. I hope you don't think it is disgusting. But feel free to if you want :) It is weird, I know. But I had the greatest fun doing it. You know... my tongue hanging out the side of my mouth as I contorted my wrists to cut around the scallopy outlines. Real childlike pleasure. And the quotes from the lyrics fit so perfectly at the moment.

So without further ado...


That is actually a photo of a shadow of DH and I on the wall of the Tacking Point Lighthouse. Here it is so that you can look at it better.



What did I use? ColorMates, Making Memories and Bazzill cardstock, a Uniball Gel pen and a teensy bit of ric rac (Caitlin's idea for the telephone cord).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The colours are you. The sentiment so touching and the photo so romantic. I love the scalloped edges.