Sunday 4 May 2008

Looking Ahead

When I received the Blue Bazaar Newsletter the other day I was instantly inspired by their challenges for the National Scrapbooking Day Cyber Crop.

I have been mulling on a layout about moving for quite some time now and it all came together in this layout for Blue Bazaar's Mixed Media challenge to use Pens/Markers in a project of my choice.

Here it is.


I have lived in at least 15 houses in three different countries over my life so far. I would've said I was a city girl but I have lived in the country for almost 20 years now, which is nearly half my life. The plan is that we are moving back to Sydney, God willing, in October. I am not really sure how I feel about that. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Definitely. I'm, seeing it as a challenge to move 20 years of stuff and 7 children and making the city my home again. I will certainly miss all my friends.

For the layout I used: ColorMates cardstock; Uniball Gel Pens in black, white, yellow, and orange; Zig Writer - Platimun and Zig Millennium Pen - Pure Black; Maya Road Fresh Chipboard Heart and Home and Noah Alphabet; and VersaCube Pinecone.

For the knowing of you...
Spot Sydney Tower, the cross on the hill in Uralla, our house, the washing line with 7 nappies on the line (representing the 7 children born in the country) and the autumn trees.

4 comments:

Peg said...

brilliant page, but makes me wanna scream "Don't go!!"

Tammy said...

Hi Diane,
What a great page, I love all the symbolic detail!

Renae said...

Dont go simple as that lol. Love you heaps girl. I will definately miss you once I move back to grafton and you move to the big smoke. Whatever will we do?

Love the page love the colours and you have the bestest drawing skills around. Teach me!

Louise said...

Awesome doooooodeling on that LO diane!!!!