Wednesday 14 May 2008

Catching Up

On Friday before Reuben's birthday party we (that is the people who are part of AHEG and just happened to be coming to Reuben's party) made paper! Fay had the pulp all ready so we made a date for this fun event. Kim whipped up some pulp as well and brought it along. A collection of paper recycling kits and quite a few plastic sheets went a long way to producing lots of colourful hand-made paper. Do you know how easy it is to make paper? Easy Peasy!!!

Here is a simple 6x12 layout actually the paper that we made. 'twas fun :)


The kids are now writing letters, creating more art, and making cards with their paper.

And now Mother's Day.

Mother's Day is not my favourite day of the year and it is my fault. I don't want Mother's Day to be a 'getting' type event. In fact I'd like to think that I don't care about Mother's day at all (for myself, that is) but I found out that I actually do, a bit. I care about it because I want my children to be part of the whole present experience - thinking ahead, making something special, giving without expecting anything in return, the surprise and all that. I love giving gifts - I don't like getting them much.

Hennyway.
The Scrapboxx weekly challenge is to to a layout about mothers - in some way. I took this photo on Mother's Day and tried to do a positive layout about Mother's Day. This is what it looks like.


Products: Fancy Pants Bouquet; Creative Imaginations Narratives pp and Stickers; Cosmo Cricket Lucky; Rusty Pickle Mayflower; Thickers; Li'l Davis RickRack; Ribbons- SEI and K&Co?; Heidi Swapp XL Brads; Tim Holtz Grungeboard; Reeves and Making Memories Paint; Dymo.





No comments: