Monday 7 April 2008

Lanterns and Firelight


The other night we decided to go and look at the Lantern Parade and then watch the Fiery Finale of the Get Off Your Arts Festival in Uralla.

It was a bit of fun walking around the streets in the dark following funny looking lanterns to goodness-knows-where. I felt like a bit of a nutcase, actually.

Malachi desperately wanted to be 'hugged' by the big man lantern - he got his desire and I managed to capture it in pixels. The two little ones wanted to have a 'hug' too, and they got one - right at the time that dh and I were swapping lenses on my camera. Missed them both. Oh well.

Here's a little collage of the pick of them. Out of 72 photos I have ONE that I really like and will prolly scrap soon. It's there - can you pick it? If you click on the collage you can see it slightly bigger.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Wow *love* all the gorgeous lanterns, fabulous piccies, what a wonderful idea! Glad you had so much fun. :-)

God bless
Chrissy x