Friday 21 March 2008

Good Friday

Firstly, I'd like to note that on Good Friday last year I was in a seriously dark mood which lasted for months. I am glad to say that the mood is gone and may it never return.

The Gospel of Mark records an account of Christ's crucifixion in chapter 15. All day I have been pondering what kind of layout I could do for Good Friday.

In the end I decided that just my photography manipulation experiments would suffice. I headed to the cemetery with the purpose of taking photos of crosses. The lighting was difficult because the sun was high but clouds helped out in the end.

Just recently I happed upon mammarazzi's blog where she highly recommends shooting in RAWs. It didn't take me long at all to realise that this is exactly what I had been craving for my photos - something to take my photos from the ordinary to the sublime - although I would like to take outstanding photos without digital enhancement.

Anyway...

DH, being a professional photographer and working with RAWs all the time, knew exactly what I had to do, loaded the software onto my computer and gave me some hints straight away. He came with me to take photos this arvo and gave me lessons in photography. Where would I be without him?

So, here is my Good Friday-inspired photo.



And then, before I did anything sensible with the photo, I did this.





And this.



Sophie-Lee suggested that I should try some simple enhancements - good idea - so I took this rather ordinary photo of a cross



and turned it into this.



I couldn't help myself and did this as well :)



For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16.

Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:7-8.

Stay tuned for some really good news.

No comments: