Monday 17 March 2008

5

Declan turned 5 years old in January. I even printed his birthday photo the same day - it has been sitting there waiting for the right moment, or inspiration or something.

Eventually, the right inspiration came along in the shape of a sketch challenge. Marni T, who is on the Scrapapple Design Team is great at designing sketches, so they enlisted her for the March Scrapper Challenge. Here's Marni's sketch.



I challenged myself to use this bright piece of Cherry Arte paper. The thing that clinched it for me was that it had a red 5 on the side. Red used to be Declan's favourite colour but he has moved on to blue now. So I combined the paper challenge with Marni's sketch and this is what I came up with. You can see I have been influenced too, by Peg and her use of Dymo - fabulous stuff for journalling with/on. :)



You might also be wondering what kind of cake is that? It's a muffin mountain. Well actually, I think it is a buttercake berm!!! Gluten-free muffins are our usual fare and buttercakes are for special occasions, of which we have a few. We save buttercakes for special occasions because they have so much fat and sugar in them, which is why, of course, they are so yummy!

Anyway, I pile them up and drip the icing over them and Voila! Very quick and easy and it seems to go further than a normal-shaped cake that has to be sliced. So there you go!

If you would like my Gluten Free dessert recipes - just send me an email and I'll send you a copy.

No comments: