Wednesday 15 August 2007

Stitching For Therapy


Lately I have found hand-stitching to have a therapeutic effect on me. Just the quiet repetition of stitches leaves my mind free to ponder, wonder and enjoy the moment.

I used to embroider - that was years ago now - and I have done cross-stitching and sewing clothes for the kids, but nothing beats the feeling I had yesterday while I was bunging together a few bits of felt to make a 'First Aid Kit'.

Sewing on scrapbooking layouts is therapy too, but very difficult in comparison to sewing fabric. I felt rejuvenated, excited and thoroughly mellowed out when I finished this art journal felt goodies bag.

Orders will not be taken!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Diane said...

In a semblance of English, from Portuguese, thanks to Babel Fish,
"Oi, I found yours blog for google tá well interesting I liked this post. When to give gives passed for mine blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. If you I to want to linkar mine blog in its I would be been thankful, until more and success"

Peg said...

lol Diane!

love your little first aid kit, just too cute, are you not at all tempted to make one for Elsie ;-)