Tuesday 12 June 2007

Will it Snow?




'Will it snow?' I did this one for the Weekend Workout at Scrapapple
I had fun using the Hambly transparency with Heidi Swapp's mask plus lots of buttons.

'Jump 07'
Caitlin and I had fun taking these photos about which Douglas says "the lighting is right"! That's good because that was the only angle that didn't show distracting things in the background.

'Colerne National School'
Well, I have just finished a layout using one of my school photos. I realised that I didn't even know what my school was called and my Mum was no help at all. So I Googled (How I love Google!!!) and found a lovely picture of my school which I copied (by hand - lost a little bit of detail in the translation!). I thoroughly enjoyed doing this layout and finding the information about my childhood village in England.
Here's the journalling: I started school in 1967 at the age of 5 years old. As far as I can remember, I started at the ‘new’ school and then, during the four years that I was at school in England, I spent some time at the ‘old’ school. I remember a few things about my time there and I especially remember having this photo taken. I think I am about 7 years old. Each student had to sit on the wall that enclosed the small playground. Some of the kids were scared to sit on the wall because they thought they might fall off backwards onto the road below. To me it seemed that the wall was at least 20ft high but in reality was only 6 feet high. I was a little bit afraid but have always been one for rationalising - plus I remember the photographer doing his best to assure us that it would be fine. Our fears were probably heightened by the rule that no one was allowed to climb or sit on the wall at any other time.

TFL

No comments: